Devry HSM 541 Week 7 Course Project Latest
This course project gives you the opportunity to select a problem that currently exists in our healthcare system and analyze its implications on our healthcare system. The paper should critically analyze the issues related to the topic and identify key strategies for improvement. In order to meet the project requirements, it is important to identify an issue or problem within the healthcare system. Please analyze and review the grading rubric to understand why this is important. Both web references and professional journals should be considered as references. Don’t overlook the Keller Online Library as an important source of information for your paper. The paper should include 8–10 references in APA or another approved format.
See a more detailed Grading Rubric below.
The length of the final paper should be approximately 8–10 pages, double-spaced in MS Word.
POSSIBLE COURSE PROJECT TOPICS
- Describe the problems with our multiple reimbursement systems.
- Discuss how a single-payer system may improve access and cost containment in the U.S. healthcare system.
- Evaluate the lack of reimbursement environments for preventive healthcare programs, and evaluate the effectiveness of the current reimbursement patterns. Propose solutions for expanding these programs.
- Describe the problems in the U.S. healthcare system and how we might use another nation’s healthcare system for reform. Evaluate how a new system would improve access to care, quality of care, and the efficient utilization of resources.
- Choose one particular form of complementary (nontraditional, alternative) medicine and explain why it may not be accepted by insurance providers or reimbursed by insurance companies. Describe its clinical approach and effectiveness, evaluate its economic impact, and review its potential for mainstream use, including future licensing and third party reimbursement.
- Evaluate the problem of fraud and abuse in the current U.S. healthcare system. Analyze the effectiveness of the OIG’s Healthcare Fraud and Abuse Program, and analyze effective actions healthcare organizations can take to decrease their liability in this area, offering examples.
- Critically evaluate the readiness and the effectiveness of the U.S. Healthcare Delivery System in responding to a widespread bioterrorism event; propose changes as appropriate to your analysis.
- Discuss some of the problems in measuring quality in the healthcare environment and investigate quality measurement.Provide options for quality measurement and the processes that could be measured in a healthcare setting.
- Critically evaluate the use of technology in healthcare and the challenges it presents in healthcare delivery. Offer specific examples or situations addressing technology’s contributions to improving the quality of health and healthcare; consider impact on healthcare costs and analyze trade-offs.
- Describe the problem of medical errors in our delivery system. Evaluate the effectiveness of selected programs aimed at reducing medical errors in the U.S. healthcare system; discuss one or more of the most effective measures identified to date and make recommendations for additional action.
NOTE: Other topics related to course content/TCOs will be considered, but only as approved in advance by your instructor.
- Introduce the issue.
- Define the problem.
- Search the literature.
- Analyze the problem.
- Offer possible solutions.
- Propose a single solution.
- Develop an implementation plan.
- Justify why/how if your solution will solve the identified problem.
Your paper must include, but is not limited to, the following sections:
|BACKGROUND||10||Describe the problem, organization, or situation you selected; identify the specific issues of interest or controversy; and present background/facts of the problem, organization, or situation that will enable the reader to clearly understand the issue.|
|DEFINE THE PROBLEM||10||Identify and clearly state the problem, the management issue, in which an element of the identified problem or situation is not meeting expectations. Remember that what appears to be the problem may actually be just a symptom of a bigger problem – dig deep to be sure you’ve identified the real problems. If there appears to be more than one problem/issue, decide if they are separate or related issues. State the problem in the form of a question. For example, if a work group is not performing effectively, an effective problem statement might be “How can the staff shortage improve?” rather than simply “Short Staff problems.”|
|LITERATURE REVIEW||35||Present what you discovered in your search of the literature. Review issues, theories, concepts, and studies discussed in class and in our textbook, and review what other writers/researchers have to say about the subject of your analysis.Discuss the concepts, ideas, or insights that are most valuable in helping you make sense of your project. What theories can you use? What writers say something of value? Why is it of value? Which models are the least helpful, and why? What theories or concepts will you challenge or criticize because your findings are different? In short, demonstrate an understanding of the literature and apply it sensibly to the problem. This is not a course in applied commonsense; however, such practical intelligence is important, especially in the application stage. A literature review is like playing a video game in which you are in a chamber with many doors. As you open each door, you uncover clues to help you progress to the next level. Similarly, in a literature review, your objective is to open the doors that can point the way to solving your business problem. Begin your literature review with a broad look at your field of interest, then narrow your focus until you zero in on the essential issues of concern. NOTE: A literature review is a required element of this assignment. A good rule of thumb is to review at least 10 resources, beyond the textbook and class readings, to ensure the effectiveness of your research. SUGGESTION: Begin your literature survey by accessing Keller’s online library at .keller.edu/”>www.keller.edu.|
|PROBLEM ANALYSIS||30||This section should provide a detailed analysis of the causes of the problem(s) or issue(s) you identified in Section II. A major objective is to clearly illustrate how you are using the healthcare course concepts (as well as what your learned from your literature review) to better understand the causes of the problem(s) or issue(s). Show that you are applying course material! (Note: Use subheadings to identify each factor you address.)|
|POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS||30||Explore three solutions that could be appropriate ways to solve the identified problem/issue. Be sure these solutions are logical based on your analysis and that they each would effectively treat the problem, not the symptoms. Also, discuss the anticipated outcomes (both positive and negative) of implementing each of the possible solutions you identified.|
|SOLUTION AND ITS IMPLEMENTATION||35||Outline your recommended solution to the problem/issue, one of the alternatives explored in Section V, or a combination of those alternatives. State your solution clearly and specifically. Describe exactly what should be done and how it should be done, including by whom, with whom, and in what sequence. Here are some points to keep in mind as you write this section:
|JUSTIFICATION||25||Justify why your recommended solution and its implementation will solve the identified problem/issue in the organization/unit you selected. An important element of this section is to show very clearly how you applied course concepts to arrive at a workable solution and a successful implementation. Apply appropriate course material; support your conclusions with appropriately referenced facts, quotes, and readings; and be sure your justification addresses identified pros and cons.|
|REFERENCES||25||All citations in the paper must appear in the reference list, and all references must be cited in the text of the paper.Choose references judiciously and cite them accurately. Citations of an author’s work in the text documents your work, briefly identifies the source for readers, and enables readers to locate the source of information in the alphabetical reference list at the end of the paper. To use the ideas or words of another without crediting the source is plagiarism.Plagiarism, in its purest form, involves copying of entire passages either verbatim or nearly verbatim, with no direct acknowledgment of the source. The most common (and unconscious) form of plagiarism is when a direct quotation is simply paraphrased. Paraphrasing does not relieve you of the obligation to provide proper identification of source data. The best way to avoid plagiarism is to make sure all quotes, ideas, or conclusions not your own are given proper acknowledgment in your text.|
|Total||200||A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
COURSE PROJECT (DUE THIS WEEK)
Your Course Project is due this week. As a reminder, the length of the final paper should be approximately 8–10 pages, double spaced in MS Word. For full details and a grading rubric, please see the Course Project tab under Course Home.
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox, located at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these.equella.ecollege.com/file/8ff9f27a-3772-48cf-9855-4bec4e6706bf/1/Dropbox.html”>step-by-step instructions.
See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due date information.
DeVry Courses helps in providing the best essay writing service. If you need 100% original papers for Devry HSM 541 Week 7 Course Project Latest, then contact us through call or live chat.
Devry HSM 541 Week 7 Course Project Latest
There are no reviews yet.